Steps to Meet the Counselor
- Students may meet the Counselors on a voluntary or walk-in basis on personal matters, issues and problems during Break & other non-teaching times. They must get an SLT Pass to meet the GC. SENDCO during teaching times.
- Teachers refer students in writing (referral form can be hard copy or emailed).
- The Guidance Counselor discusses with the Teacher and the student the issue being referred at hand. The Counselor is prompt in responding to a referral, by meeting the student, class observation and investigating. Records of follow-up are kept in the student’s Portfolio.
- As part of the observation and monitoring follow-up, students will be invited for a counseling interview. The following areas are covered:
- Reason for coming for referral or counseling.
The WSS Guidance and Counseling Policies are reviewed and when necessary to respond to any changes to GEMS/WSS policy. The Principal and SLT will have responsibility for reviewing this policy annually.